The social media campaign is essential for the success of all business nowadays. All social media platforms are changing constantly, and the campaign should also change accordingly. This is only possible if you can measure the campaign effectively. There are various ways to measure the response & effectiveness of Social Media campaigns.
But most business won’t measure the result of their campaign properly and they cannot make it a success. Businesses usually outsource their social media campaigns to experts to make it more effective.
Facebook, Twitter, and all other social media sites change their algorithm to make their performance better. So, as the algorithm changes the campaign strategies should also change accordingly to be successful. To do that data is required and you can get it from measuring the result of your campaigns.
By measuring the data, you will get an idea of the strategies you should follow to make your campaign successful. It is very important to know what works and what don’t when you want success in social media campaigns.
There are various types of metrics you will get while measuring social media campaigns. But, you should know which one to use in measuring your campaign success and how to interpret your data. This article covers the top 5 steps you can follow to interpret the effectiveness of your social media campaigns
Types of social media measurement
Ongoing Analytics-: Ongoing Analytics is very important for every campaign, it measures the result of the campaigns over time. Once after setting up the campaign. you can check back the progress of it regularly.
Campaign-focused Metrics-: In this metrics, you need to analyze a specific campaign result. This is a process with a clear starting and the end. It is basically to measure the result of a particular campaign. Not the overall social media promotions or anything else. An effective social media campaign will have both ongoing analytics and campaign-focused measurements.
Measuring the effectiveness of Social Media campaigns
You can follow some simple steps and measure your campaign effectiveness. Every campaign is mainly created to increased audience engagement towards a brand. So, if you are expecting the success of campaign then create one that could make your followers or audience participate in it. Here are some steps to measure the effectiveness of your campaign
Step 1: Define your goal
Every process starts with a specific goal. When you start a campaign, you must define the goal behind that particular campaign. Define your goal with a particular social media platform. It could be anything like an increasing number of followers, more user participation, increase in sale and many more.
What are you trying to get out of those campaigns? If you have to choose platforms to advertise your campaigns you need to choose the best one with more potential to reach to your target audience.
Create a checklist by writing down your marketing goal while creating a campaign.
- It could be the type of information you want to share with your target audience.
- The response you expect from the audience likes, shares, comments etc
- Tools you are going to consider
- Platforms you are going to choose from all available social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc.
- If you are using any type of marketing like influencer marketing include it in the list
Step 2-: Measure your result from metrics
In this step, you need to measure the behavior of your audience by choosing any type of metrics. Engagement could be anything like likes, comments, tweets and retweets, shares, user comments or clicks. Here are some popular forms of behavioral tracking metrics for you to try
- Volume reach exposure and amplification will help you to measure the awareness of your campaign program
- Engagement is a very important factor for all campaigns. You can measure it from the clicks, likes, shares, comments, profile visits, active followers etc. Each of these factors will show you the engagement of your audience which directly leads to generating more leads
- In order to measure the reach of your program measure the number of followers, impressions, traffic data etc. This is an approximate measure of reach your campaign is getting.
- Next, you need to measure the leads you are getting from campaigns. Even though you have got so many followers if they are not actively participating or not interested in your campaign we cannot consider them as useful leads. If they are ready to purchase from your website or actually participating in your campaign, then consider your campaign as a success. Otherwise, think about changing your campaign strategy because something is wrong with your existing strategy.
- If you are looking to find brand advocates, then concentrate on influencers with so many followers
- To measure the brand campaign success or share of voice you can compare yours with your competitors.
Now you got an idea of various types of measurement that you can do with social media campaigns. If you want to make your campaign effective focus on the above points.
Step 3-: Measure your result
So, you got an idea about the factors you need to measure while looking at the effectiveness of your social media campaigns. To measure these factors, you need to have some tools which can make your work easy. There are many third-party tools available for each platform. Some of them are free to use and some others are paid tools. In some cases, you can build an API to measure your success.
If you have a clear idea about the factor you need to measure you can search tool for that from Google. Here are some free tools that can help you measure some important factors in social media
- Followerwonk-: This tool basically measures the number of followers on your Twitter and breaks down their activity
- Viralvoot-: This tool is used for Pinterest campaigns which can help you to gain more followers, schedule and promote your pins, measure the statics etc.
- Google Analytics-: Google Analytics is a well-known tool which can measure the number of visitors to your website from each of your social media platforms.
- Quintly-: Quintly is mainly focusing on Facebook engagement of users. It will help you to measure the number of followers, likes, shares, comments and follower growth you are getting from your campaign
- Tailwind-: This is a tool that measures various factors related to Instagram and Pinterest. For Instagram, it will help you to measure the number of followers, likes, shares, and comments you get for your campaigns. When it comes to Pinterest you can measure the number of pins, potential impressions etc.
Measurement part is a long process of you are doing it manually. Let the tool do the job for you. This can help you to make your measurement more accurate and effective.
Step 4-: Reporting
After measuring effectiveness, the tools will give you reports. You can analyze this report to know whether the result matches up with your expectations. Also, you can compare the reposts with your competitors to know the performance of your campaigns. You can schedule reports daily, monthly, quarterly or yearly.
All of them are fine but make sure to keep an eye on daily reports and apply required modification if the response is poor. This is a good way for you to measure the result of your efforts. There are various types of reporting like graphs, visual charts, pie diagrams etc. graphs are one of the better ways to easily interpret your result.
Step 5-: Correct your mistakes
This is the final step of measuring every social media campaign. Not all campaigns can be successful from the starting itself. Marketers will analyze its performance and make suitable changes in between when the response gets poor.
This is essential in most campaigns because all campaigns are aimed to attract customers. Even after researching well some campaigns fails because they don’t have the potential to attract customers. This is a very bad situation and sometimes effects the brand adversely.
Avoid such situation by analyzing the performance of the campaign from starting itself. Daily reports will help you to interpret audience response well. Change your campaign plans as required and see the response of the change you have made.
Trial and error are the best solutions to make your campaign successful. Check the response with your initial goal and see whether it meets up with your expectation. Measuring and reporting your campaign’s response is very important in making it successful.
All brands now consider social media campaign as one of the most effective ways to improve their sale. If it has not provided expected ROI, then all the efforts will be wasted. To ensure the better outcomes every marketer should put some extra effort and track the performance of their effort well.
By tracking you will get a clear idea about the probable way to reach to your audience and their likes, dislikes etc. Social media is the best way for every brand to directly connect with their targeted audience. So, monitor your campaign’s performance by consistent analysis and be successful.
If you want to know about marketing strategy, please visit.